Economic development body Greater Whitsunday Alliance (GW3) is launching My Digital Coach – a program to assist small business recover from the impacts of COVID-19 on the economy.
The free program, funded through the Local Buying Foundation, will help participants develop or enhance foundational digital skills and assets to improve their business’ bottom line.
GW3 chief executive officer Kylie Porter said the program was significant for the region’s small businesses to help them continue to trade and survive the current economic climate.
“My Digital Coach is a flexible and personally designed program where participants work with local professional coaches at their own pace,” she said.
“The program caters for businesses who have different needs. For example, businesses that need support to improve their social media presence; or ones that want to look at options to take their products and services into an online store.”
Ms Porter said the My Digital Coach program was aimed at businesses in the Mackay Isaac Whitsunday region financially impacted by COVID-19.
To be eligible for the program all the following will apply:
• The business has a current ABN;
• The business was operating at least six months prior to 1 March 2020;
• The business is based in the MIW region;
• Employed less than 20 FTE employees as at 1 March 2020; and
• Ability to demonstrate significant impact on the business due to COVID-19 and inability to operate effectively online or to transition to online sales.