Austroads has published a new technical specification for the sealing of cracks in asphalt and spray seal pavements using hot placed elastomeric and crumb rubber sealants.
Austroads program manager Ross Guppy said the work was part of a comprehensive suite of specifications Austroads is producing for road and bridge construction.
“These standardised specifications will save time and money in the long term as industry adopts consistent contemporary practice on construction projects.” he said.
Austroads Technical Specification ATS 3470 includes information on quality system requirements, materials, pavement surface preparation, application of sealant, performance requirements and records.
The specification is accompanied by six new test methods, with detailed instructions.
The information can be found be clicking the links below:
- Austroads Technical Specification ATS 3470: Bituminous Pavement Crack Sealing
- Test Method AGPT–280-20: Preparation of hot poured joint sealant for test
- Test Method AGPT–281-20: Flow properties of hot poured joint sealant
- Test Method AGPT–282-20: Tensile bond strength test for hot poured joint sealant
- Test Method AGPT–283-20: Heat degradation of hot poured joint sealant
- Test Method AGPT–284-20: Penetration into hot poured joint sealant
- Test Method AGPT–285-20: Extension test for hot poured joint sealant