Operations remain suspended at the Eloise copper mine, about 60km south-east of Cloncurry, the Queensland Mines Inspectorate says.
“To date (6 December 2019) Eloise Copper Mine has not demonstrated to the QMI that the risk to workers is at an acceptable level,” a QMI spokeswoman said.
“Subsequently operations remain suspended.
“The safety of Queensland mine workers is paramount and our inspectors will continue to work with the mine to ensure safe operations.”
The inspectorate ordered the halt in activity on November 18 due to safety concerns.
Owner FMR Investments said last week it was working to address concerns about a potential geotechnical risk within the mine.
An FMR Investments spokesman said the safety of the workforce was the company’s highest priority and “we will always manage our operations safely”.