Feb 22, 2017

Three in the running for Berth 4 operations

Three in the running for Berth 4 operations

Three companies have been shortlisted to operate the Berth 4 container and general cargo terminal at Townsville Port after an EOI process late last year..

Construction is under way on a $40.7 million redevelopment of the facility, which will double the port’s container trade capacity.

The three parties invited to submit final proposals to operate the revamped facility are:

 

Port of Townsville Limited chief executive officer Ranee Crosby said the successful operator of the berth would invest in state-of-the-art cranes and cargo terminal areas.

“To cater for growth in trade, in particular containerised and general cargo, POTL is currently undertaking a $40.7 million redevelopment of Berth 4,” Ms Crosby said.

“Construction work commenced in April 2016 and is planned for completion in December 2017.”

Member for Townsville Scott Stewart said he looked forward to the future economic and job opportunities this would deliver for the Townsville region.

“The Berth 4 redevelopment will open up our region even more to trade and investment, meaning a boost to the local economy,” Mr Stewart said.

Submissions from the shortlisted parties are due in April 2017, with a preferred terminal operator expected to be selected by June 2017.

 

Recent Stories

Subscribe to IQ Now
Menu