Defence Jobs Queensland is running workshops in Townsville and Charters Towers next month to help business win work on key construction projects under the Australia-Singapore Military Training Initiative (ASMTI).
Presentations will be provided by Defence Hub Townsville, ASMTI and CPB Contractors on work for the $800 million training facility being developed at Greenvale in North Queensland.
The Defence Department selected CPB Contractors to deliver the development phase of the ASMTI facilities project in North Queensland.
The CIMIC business has also been named as the preferred contractor to manage the second phase of the project, commencing mid-2022.
The forums are intended to help businesses understand:
- the defence environment and how the defence sector works;
- what the difference is between capability and non-material procurement and what this means for suppliers;
- how key agencies in the defence sector engage with industry and what they do;
- how to engage with prime contractors and Defence;
- overview of key construction projects under the Australia-Singapore Military Training Initiative (ASMTI), particularly in Northern Queensland;
- what is required to access defence supply chain opportunities;
- where you can go to develop your business’ capabilities to work in defence.
Seating is capped at one ticket per Queensland company. (Cost $25)
Defence Business 101 – Specific QLD Construction Projects
Charters Towers forum: Wednesday, March 3, 4 –6 pm, at the Dalrymple Trade Training Centre, Macpherson St. Click HERE for details/registration
Townsville forum: Thursday, March 4, 9–11am, at Rydges Southbank, 23 Palmer St, South Townsville. Click HERE for details/registration