Feb 26, 2019

Operations resume at Moranbah North

Operations resume at Moranbah North

Mining activities have restarted at Anglo American’s Moranbah North site after being halted following a fatal accident last week.

The company said the Queensland Mines Inspectorate released the incident site on Friday.

Anglo American decided to allow additional time before recommencing operational activities, including the longwall move, yesterday.

“This is a difficult time for our people, their families and the Moranbah community as we come to terms with the tragic loss of our colleague, Bradley Hardwick, and we will continue to provide support wherever needed,” head of underground operations Glen Britton said .

“Our four colleagues who were injured in the incident are all recovering well. We are providing support to assist in their return to work when they are ready.”

The accident in the mine’s access drift involved a grader Mr Hardwick was driving and a personnel carrier with 10 people on board.

The Queensland Mines Inspectorate investigation into the incident is ongoing, as is Anglo American’s investigation.

Recent Stories

Subscribe to IQ Now
Menu