The Department of Defence has released further construction details around a $50 million project to upgrade Chinook facilities at
RAAF Base Townsville.
The project is currently out to tender with three shortlisted companies: FKG, Fulton Hogan/Decmil, and Lendlease – with construction expected to start by the middle of this year.
Information sessions for potential suppliers are required as part of the Tenderer’s Local Industry Capability Plans and will be conducted once a contract is awarded.
The project was approved by Government at a cost of $49.9 million.
The works include:
- Two CH-47F aircraft shelters
- One logistics facility (equivalent in size to an aircraft shelter)
- Additional aircraft pavement to support the parking of three CH-47F
- Adaptive reuse of existing buildings to support additional 44 staff with office accommodation
- Additional staff carparks for the 44 new staff, as well as those displaced during construction (total of 57)
- Weapon racking in the 5th Aviation Regiment’s Armoury
- Civil works associated with the works above.
Further details regarding the procurement activity can be found on the AusTender website at: https://www.tenders.gov.au/?event=public.atm.showClosed&ATMUUID=517B6A33-F4F8-1C77-53BE52617ABB4EF8