Infrastructure renewal is a prime focus in the $129 million capital works budget endorsed by Mackay Regional Council this week.
Mayor Greg Williamson said the strong infrastructure focus in the 2018-19 budget would deliver long-term benefits to residents.
“Investment in solar projects, key public amenities and road and drainage upgrades will improve the liveability of every resident for decades to come,” he said.
Cr Williamson said this budget provided funding for more than 224 projects over the next 12 months.
Key capital investment
- $44.9 million in roads, drainage
- $14.3 million for upgrades to the sewerage network
- $10.3 million for water infrastructure
- $5.4 million for new bikeways and footpaths
- $5.2 million for Parks, Gardens and Coastal Foreshores
The Mackay Waterfront Priority Development Area (PDA) will be progressed with an allocation of $1.5 million.