Isaac Regional Council has positions open for trainee plumbers, plant operators and librarians.
They’re among eight positions are now available in Moranbah, Clermont, Middlemount, Glenden, St Lawrence and Dysart.
Mayor Anne Baker said the region is rich in resource, made richer by its people.
“Here’s your opportunity to help shape communities and positively impact lives by working in local government,” Mayor Baker said.
“We’re everyday people doing amazing things.
“Council is committed to supporting genuine career pathways and employment opportunities in Isaac.”
CEO Gary Stevenson PSM said these exciting opportunities provide valuable hands on experience.
“As a trainee or apprentice with Council, you earn while you learn, and you’ll finish with a nationally recognised qualification,” he said.
“We are excited to also have one school-based traineeship available at Clermont Library and Clermont Historical Centre as part of this intake. Students interested in the Clermont school-based traineeships should contact their school’s Careers Transition Officer. I strongly encourage high school students interested in this area to apply.”
The 2019 intake includes:
- Three one-year Business Administration positions in Moranbah
- A three-year Civil Construction Plant Operations traineeship in Dysart
- A four-year apprenticeship in Plumbing in Glenden
- A two-year Water and Wastewater traineeship in St Lawrence
- A one-year Regulatory Services traineeship in Middlemount/Moranbah
- An 18-month school-based traineeship at the Clermont Library and Clermont Historical Centre, Clermont
Applications close 5pm, Wednesday, October 17.