Whitsunday Regional Council has approved $32.8 million in capital works projects in its 2016/2017 Budget.
Mayor Andrew Willcox said the council had delivered a sensible budget but one that would deliver fundamental infrastructure upgrades and enhancements to facilities across the broader region.
“What we do today has to count for tomorrow, and as a unified council, we are delivering a diverse range of capital works which will benefit our region’s residents and our economy,” he said.
The council is using a combination of general revenue, sale of plant assets and capital grants and subsidies to fund the capital works program.
Some of the key projects to be delivered as part of the 2016/2017 Budget include:
- $2.8 million for the Proserpine Sewerage Treatment Plant Upgrade
• $627,362 Proserpine Main Street drainage reconstruction
• $600,000 for Proserpine Water Park
• $1.14 million to reconstruct Andromache Rd Bridge in Proserpine, Mount Wyatt Rd Bridge and Strathmore Rd in Collinsville.
• $254,000 for upgrades to the Collinsville Showgrounds Precinct;
• $2.5 million for the Gregory River Bridge upgrade on Dingo Beach Rd
• $763,245 for the Cutuli Rd, Riordanvale construction project;
• $205,000 for upgrades to structures at Cannonvale Beach (includes new BBQ shelter and connection between green areas over existing drain) and re-sanding of the beach.
• $575,000 for the Bowen Sewerage Treatment Plant interim nutrient removal and design and land acquisition for the new Bowen Wastewater Treatment Facility
• $50,000 for the design of Stage 2 of the Bowen Foreshore Revitalisation
• $200,000 for the widening of Dalrymple St;
• $850,000 to deliver Stage 2 of the Airlie Foreshore Revitalisation
• $500,000 roof replacement of the Whitsunday PCYC
• $306,000 for footpath/walkway on Jubilee Pocket Rd (the missing link) and the crest of Shute Harbour Road on Airlie Hill down to Shingley Drive intersection
• $250,000 towards the Whitsunday Sportpark Precinct Redevelopment Project
• $815,000 for a new lined cell at the Bowen Landfill
• A combined $785,00 for constructing footpaths along Argyle Park Rd and Golf Links Rd.
More information at http://www.whitsunday.qld.gov.au/