The Haughton River floodplain highway upgrade project and Townsville’s new Queensland Country Bank Stadium are among the finalists for the 2020 Australian Engineering Excellence Awards.
The AEEAs recognise projects that contribute to social and/or economic outcomes and represent excellence in engineering.
Engineers Australia says a broad range of engineering disciplines and projects are represented within the 2020 finalists, a testament to the work completed by engineers in Australia over the last two years.
The winners of the AEEAs, as well as Professional and Young Professional Engineer of the Year Awards, across nine divisions nationwide will be announced at a series of virtual presentations taking place in September.
The Queensland winners will be announced on September 15 and the pinnacle presentation is scheduled for November 12. (More HERE)
This year’s Queensland finalists include:
- 25 King – Aurecon
- Brisbane International Cruise Terminal Wharf Project – Mooring Dolphin Design Change – Port of Brisbane, Brady Marine & Civil, Madsen Giersing
- Bruce Highway Link Flood Study – Department of Transport and Main Roads, AECOM, Hydrology and Risk Consulting (HARC), NineSquared
- Cairns Shipping Development Project – Ports North
- Cedar Grove Environmental Centre – Logan Water, Economic Development Queensland, Downer, Cardno, WSP
- Cobbold Gorge Glass Bridge – Trinity Engineering and Consulting Pty Ltd, CMG Consulting Engineers, Alchemy All Metal Fabrications, James Hyde Glass Innovations
- Daydream Island Resort Refurbishment and Upgrade – GHD
- Haughton River Floodplain Upgrade Project – AHJV (Arup HDR Joint Venture), Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR), The Infrastructure Group (TIG) (a joint venture between Bielby, BMD Constructions, JF Hull and Albem)
- HOTA Green Bridge – Georgiou Group and Brady Marine & Civil Joint Venture (GBJV), City of Gold Coast
- Intelligent Switchgear with Synchrophasor Technology for the Future Distribution Grid – NOJA Power Switchgear
- James Cook University Central Plaza – Meinhardt Group, James Cook University, Cox Architecture
- Luggage Point Sewage Treatment Plant Final Settling Tanks Distribution Channels Settlement Mitigation Project – Urban Utilities
- Mt Pleasant No 1 Reservior Refurbishment – GHD
- New Parallel Runway Project – Airfield Works Contract – SkyWay Joint Venture, CPB Contractors Pty Ltd, BMD Constructions, Brisbane Airport Corporation
- Newport Navigation Lock – Cardno, Stockland Development
- Queensland Country Bank Stadium – Arup, Cox Architecture, Watpac, Counterpoint Architecture
- Seqwater Prefeasibility Investigation of Hydro Potential – SMEC Australia, Seqwater
- SSR-Omni for Monitoring Open-Pit Mine Slopes, Walls and Tailings Dams – GroundProbe
- Surf Lakes 5 Waves Technology – Engenuity Solutions, Aspec Engineering
- The Midtown Centre – Inertia Engineering
- Toowoomba Railway Goods Shed Project – Toowoomba Regional Council, Kehoe Myers
- Townsville CBD Utilities Upgrade – BMD Constructions
- Train Loadout Automation – Peak Downs Mine – BHP