Defence Jobs Queensland is hosting two regional forums to help businesses tap into Defence supply chain opportunities.
Retired senior Army Reserve Officer and businessman Michael Fairweather will be the presenter for the seminars in Townsville on February 12 and Rockhampton on February 13.
The Defence Business 101 seminars, costing $50, will cover:
- the defence sector and how the defence sector works;
- what the difference between capability and non-material procurement means for suppliers;
- how key agencies in the defence sector engage with industry and what they do;
- how to engage with prime contractors and Defence;
- what is required to access defence supply chain opportunities;
- where to go to develop business capabilities to work in defence;
- how to decide if the defence industry is for you.